We are pretty much ready (as ready as we will ever be!) for BumBum's arrival. Which is a good thing since BumBum's estimated date of arrival is a week from tomorrow! That means it could happen any day. AHHHH!
So now I feel like I can go back to the non-BumBum related items on my "to do" list. And first is to Christmas-ize our blog (notice the new colors) and share a couple pictures of our Christmas decorations. Our flat is a decent size, especially for London, but a one bedroom for 3 people is tight no matter what. And ours is now filled to the brim with BumBum's stuff, Pat's wires and my shoes. So between the lack of open space and the fact that most of our stuff is in storage in Chicago anyway, we went pretty light on the Christmas decorations.
First is our tree. It is really little, which is perfect for our little flat! It smells great, but the needles will not fall out so it is a perfect, low maintenance tree. And although we have collected ornaments during our travels this year, I decided to leave it au natural. When I put ornaments on it, it just didn't look right - it is so teeny that they overwhelm it. Without further ado:
And here is our wreath/centerpiece on the coffee table. I love it and even more so with my favorite Christmas candle in the middle.
And last but certainly not least, our favorite Christmas decoration ever - our stockings!!!! A huge thank you & hugs to my mom, grandma, Aunt Joanie, Maggi, and Laura who put this special "advent calendar" together for us. And also to all of you who sent the messages to fill them! We have absolutely loved reading the messages everyday(and looking at the stockings too!) and will treasure them for years & years to come. I already know that we are going to look forward to putting these up every year!
Monday, 15 December 2008
Merry (BumBum) Christmas!
Posted by
becky & pat
at
11:59
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment