Thursday, 10 April 2008

Hiatus

Writer's block? The weather? Who knows! Anyway, I'm back. Here is a preview of posts to come in the next couple days: Madrid Easter weekend, The Boat Race, U2, and Camden Market.

Last weekend Kate & Brian (Pat's sister and brother-in-law) were here for a couple days before continuing on to Italy. It was nice to have them here. I am thinking about asking them to come back - permanently! The 2 days they spent in London were the 2 nicest days of 2008 - sunny & in the low 60's. Then they left and it snowed on Saturday. I am not lying. It was the first snow we have seen in London and being April, we were none too excited about it.

On their first night we went to meet Pat near his office for dinner and ended up in Chinatown. I was slightly concerned as Kate (tres picky eater) said, and I quote, "Chinese is fine. As long as it is American-Chinese food, like cashew chicken." Eek! Although we picked a place without cashew chicken on the menu, we lucked out. Everything was really good, albeit much smaller portions than PF Changs.

Thursday night we went to see Les Miserables - which was awesome! Brian & I had never seen it and it was really really great. We all laughed (quietly I hope) at the first mention of "Cosette". If you are not familiar with the story, it is not a funny part as Cosette is the young daughter of the dying heroine. But Pat's family had a Cosette in their household too - their bichon frise! And although Kate loved little Cosette with all her heart, allegedly teenager Pat was not so fond of the furball (and unfortunately for me, he has sworn off all future pet dogs. I guess I won't be getting my golden retriever as a birthday gift). Needless to say, their family has many Cosette stories and the eruption of laughter could not have been helped. Really.

How could you not love this little face?



Friday night we went to dinner at a hot spot Italian place, hoping to sit next to Madonna or Gwyneth (no such luck). But the food was excellent and the all-Italian staff gave Kate & Brian a chance to practice their Italian language skills. Then we hit a local pub for a pint of Guinness. And we had a fun surprise: my friend Carly’s husband John was in town for work and he met us for a pint. Or maybe two.

I didn’t take any pictures while Kate & Brian were here, but they did. As soon as they email them to me, I will post one!

1 comment:

mdlndemko said...

Glad to see you back on here! Can't wait to be a part of the blog (hopefully!) next week. Woo hoo!