Friday, 1 February 2008

Look Right

Well, Pat had to go to work on Wednesday. The fantasy is officially over! He still is not staffed on a project yet, so we don't know where he will be for the next couple months (I am hoping for somewhere really interesting!).

You might be wondering how we are dealing with adjusting to the British way of doing things . . . like the fact that they drive on the other side of the road? Well, mostly we just look both ways before crossing the street. At some intersections (bigger ones in more touristy areas) they actually write on the street which way you should look! It is still hard to break habits.



I have to preface this with the fact that I am not a huge flower person and pretty much have a brown thumb. Nonetheless, I do love having a vase or two of my favorite flowers around the apartment/flat. And one of my favorite things here so far are the flower vendors on every other corner. They have beautiful, fresh flowers that are actually not that expensive. It makes it so easy to keep fresh flowers at home . . . . and almost inexcusable not to! Check out the awesome bunch of ranunculus I got for only 6 quid (Brit slang for pounds; like saying "bucks" instead of "dollars"). It should be noted that ranunculus are very difficult to find in Chicago outside of March & April and here I am finding them in January! Not every vendor has them, but no big deal, there will be another one in a couple blocks.



We aren't sure what we are doing yet this weekend . . . we might do a day trip tomorrow or just something touristy here in London. Stay tuned for the details! As for the Super Bowl, again we are not sure yet what we are going to do. There are several pubs hosting specials for the event, so we may check out one of those. Unfortunately with the time difference, kick-off is at 11:30 pm our time. I have to admit, I will be sad to miss all the great super bowl parties, especially the food! I am not sure we will find it, even if we do go to a Super Bowl party here. More on the food here in a future blog. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: